identity crisis over my bio
the only thing I do consistently online is complain tbh but idk if "I have a new midlife crisis every week" is exactly how I'd like to introduce myself
HRT stuff, trans medical stuff
Another thing that wouldn't fit and it's a huge one:
Medical advice can be difficult to give and there is much that is still unstudied about trans care, especially non-binary transitions.
The way trans people are treated wrt dosing, timing, etc. can differ wildly and between providers also.
Because of this, communities are often filled with arguments about how to best DIY or even the best official regimens. There is often more anecdote than fact in these communities, and often people screw it up. An example from my own life is someone I knew who DIY'd (AMAB to female) swore up and down my estrogen dose was too high. Then she got tested, and it turns out she was at cis male levels of hormones. That is not what she was going for. Oops.
I therefore never offer medical advice, just simple facts, and what I do. I also note the amount of misinfo in DIY communities and encourage others to do their own research if they want/need to go that route.
I also always note non-med is a valid option.
Being 30 and trans my whole adult life I find myself being the trans elder in a lot of places.
My experience has shown:
* Critters gotta find their own path in life, and that goes for being trans
* Statements like "you're trans" or "you're an egg" doesn't help someone transition faster, or at all
* It is in direct and total opposition to bodily autonomy to push or pressure someone to be trans; some critters are guilty of this
* There's nothing wrong with offering information
* Often linking to some resources can do a lot more good than just explaining it
* Some critters don't want the problems that come with being trans, and that's valid
* Pretending it's going to be automatically great for someone when they come out as trans sets them up for failure; critters need to know how trans hostile the world is
* Not every trans critter on this planet is good; in fact, some are ready fucked up; pretending every trans person is good can sometimes set someone up to be overly trusting
* A little reassurance goes a long way
also I guess I'd like my phone to not drop calls but yanno that's negotiable
practically everyone knows at this point that you don't need a CS degree to be a working programmer any more than you need an architecture degree to be a working carpenter. so why is it still used for gatekeeping (of both jobs and internships)? to immediately exclude a huge number of workers from candidate pools, which makes the bargaining power of the remaining candidates lower, to preserve and justify the two-tier employee/contractor structure where employees are treated well and contractors terribly that has become ubiquitous within the industry, and to preserve the status quo where those salaried positions are primarily filled by the most privileged classes of people.
mh musing, family
I like how my thoughts are waffling back and forth between "what's wrong w my dad" and "what's wrong with me" bc I cannot conceptualise him as anything other than a prototype for my existence but God Forbid I have any similarities to my mother who is also very much like me
mh musing, family
granted I'm his spawn he has a deeply complicated relationship with so maybe he's not Trying, like how I don't mask around family. but idc it still feels weird bc he and I are a lot alike and when he was dx'd with bipolar disorder and adhd I could v clearly make out the symptoms and it made a lot of his decisions more understandable. but I don't think I have enough of a foundation to rly Get anything abt npd. that knowledge didn't add ANYTHING to my interpretation of him.
rly enjoying the mental disconnect in my understanding of reality that allows me to identify as hot and sexy without actually perceiving myself as either and also I will attack like a rabid dog if anyone disagrees OR confirms that I am sexually attractive. yes I'm sexy no I'm not but yes I am this is non negotiable do not perceive me 💜
Lem 🍋 | 23 | any pronouns will suffice
disabled, queer, racially ambiguous
Jesus is my copilot but I don't have a license.
"everyone's favourite eight year old boy" — my little brother
The social network of the future: No ads, no corporate surveillance, ethical design, and decentralization! Own your data with Mastodon!