Transcript: How to Love and Care for Yourself More
1. Interrupt the denigrating, negative self talk.
2. Don’t beat yourself up when you get something wrong.
3. Give yourself credit for the ways you’ve changed and grown.
4. Say something good about yourself every day.
5. Refuse to fixate on the things that could go wrong.
6. Believe that you are worthy of unconditional love.
A note on this- you'll never receive unconditional love from others, nor should you. I recently went on a whole ass diatribe about how the concept of "conditional love" is demonized by folks who want to manipulate you into staying with them through abuse. Your love with others should be conditional, it's healthy. People deserve the right to say no, erect boundaries, and even drop you if you cannot treat them correctly. You also deserve the same right with them. The unconditional love needs to come from yourself, because that's the one person you cannot escape. You have no choice but to forgive yourself.
The social network of the future: No ads, no corporate surveillance, ethical design, and decentralization! Own your data with Mastodon!